“We are living in an unprecedented time.” How many times have we heard that statement over the past year? In March, we will hit an anniversary of 1 year since our country was first placed under quarantine due to Covid-19. The year 2020 will certainly be a year to remember with all things related to the pandemic, politics, and protest. As a way of honoring this time in history we plan to collect letters, pictures, and news articles, to be placed in the time capsule that will be opened in 2030.
What do I write in my time capsule letter? You may choose to include answers to the following questions:
- What was life like before 2020?
- What happened, in your own words, that was significant in 2020?
- How old were you? What was going on in your life at that time?
- How did 2020 have an impact on your life specifically?
- What do you remember about the church and your faith during this time?
- In general, what else is important for people to know about this time?
- When they open the time capsule in 2030, what questions do you have for those who open it (for example; are people still wearing masks, who is president)?
- What advice or inspiration do you have, for those in 2030, as people who have lived through an “unprecedented time?”